Flying to Edinburgh for work the week before Christmas I left extra time at the airport thinking it would be busy, but I got there in record time, and had plenty of time to kill even before my flight was delayed by an hour and a half.
It was early in the morning so I needed breakfast and wanted to try somewhere I hadn't eaten before, and spotted Armadillo.
It styles itself as offering 'the sunshine flavours of Santa Fe' (New Mexico) ; the menu looked really good, offering everything from fruit salad or yogurt and granola to corn fritters with smashed avocado. I had the chorizo benedict (£9.95) with two poached eggs, spinach, chorizo sausage on toasted bloomer bread with chipotle hollandaise.
The sausages were on the side and I think it would have worked better with a slice of chorizo but even so it was very good, with almost perfectly poached eggs (not as good as the ones I had at the Zoetry hotel in Mexico!)
And the sauce was delicious, a bit spicy but not too much as you don't want anything too powerful before getting on a plane!
To drink I had something called armadillo juice, a blend of mango juice, passion fruit juice, lemon juice, orange juice and grenadine which was delicious and a great way to start the day.
The waitress took a little while to take my order, and in fact took the order of someone who had come in after me first - perhaps I didn't look ready! The food came very promptly though which was good even though I did have ages until my plane and the waitress was very friendly. The best part was when the bill came instead of a chocolate I got a little pot of jelly beans! I'd definitely eat at Armadillo again when I'm travelling from Gatwick.
clicksor_enable_inter = true; clicksor_maxad = -1;
clicksor_hourcap = -1; clicksor_showcap = 2;
clicksor_enable_adhere = false;
//default pop-under house ad url
clicksor_enable_pop = true; clicksor_frequencyCap = -1;
durl = '';clicksor_mobile_redirect = false;
//default banner house ad url
clicksor_default_url = '';
clicksor_banner_border = '#fec700'; clicksor_banner_ad_bg = '#FFFFFF';
clicksor_banner_link_color = '#000000'; clicksor_banner_text_color = '#666666';
clicksor_banner_image_banner = false; clicksor_banner_text_banner = false;
clicksor_layer_border_color = '#fec700';
clicksor_layer_ad_bg = '#FFFFFF'; clicksor_layer_ad_link_color = '#000000';
clicksor_layer_ad_text_color = '#666666'; clicksor_text_link_bg = '';
clicksor_text_link_color = ''; clicksor_enable_text_link = false;
This pie is based on an idea I saw in a Slimming World book or magazine a while ago but isn't actually particularly Slimming - I wanted ...
I love apple crumble but as my husband doesn't eat apple I almost never make it - because I feel like I'd have to make him an equi...
Here's an Easter twist on one of my favourite breakfast or brunch dishes, eggs benedict - it uses hot cross buns, hence the name eggs ...
Part 2 of my travel review of the Galapagos islands, where we were based out of the Finch Bay Eco hotel in Santa Cruz. Puerto Ayora, Santa...
This was both the most memorable meal of my life, and the most forgettable, because I can barely recall what I ate (though luckily for this ...
After a few road trips around the US I bought a cookery book called 'America's Most Wanted Recipes' - it contains copycat recipe...
Where can you hear from Michael Zee, the man behind the Instagram sensation Symmetry Breakfasts, Kate Doran from food blog Little Loaf, Al...
These cupcakes taste just like the real thing - like you are eating tiramisu! I made them for a family party with my in-laws; my mother-...
If you've heard about the amazing ribs they serve at Pitt Cue - smoky barbecue ribs sitting alongside pulled pork burgers, served on a t...
- Restaurant Review: The City, City Airport, London
- Apple and Cheese Potato Cakes
- Roasted Cauliflower Steak with Stilton
- Beer Can Chicken with Jim Beam Honey Ginger Ale
- Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutter and Tattered Lace Birth...
- Restaurant Review: The Easton, Clerkenwell, London...
- Meal Planning Monday - week 5
- Arbroath Toasties
- Spiralizer Saturday: Prawn Mooli Stir-Fry
- Flourish Wellness Mince Pies Review
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Goo Goo Cake
- Party Pizza Pinwheels
- USA Travel Review: Chicago, Part 1
- Meal Planning Monday 2016 - Week 4
- Sticky Chinese Pork with Spiralized Carrots
- Sugar flowers: how to make an Arum or Calla Lily
- Vegetable Tortillas and Spicy Chicken Tortillas
- Say It With Flowers Thankyou Card
- Meal Planning Monday 2016 Week 3
- USA Travel Review: Louisiana - Honey Island Swamp ...
- Leftover Sausage Ragu with Spiralized Butternut Sq...
- Restaurant Review: Coin Laundry, Exmouth Market, L...
- Sugar Flowers: how to make a carnation
- Restaurant Review: Armadillo, Gatwick Airport
- Meal Planning Monday 2016 Week 2
- Cinnamon Puff Pastry Twists
- Spiralizer Saturday: Orange Chicken with Spiralize...
- USA Travel Review: Mississippi - Yazoo and Natchez...
- ▼ January (28)
- ► 2015 (266)
- ► 2014 (121)
Powered by Blogger.